Gamer's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August 2013

3 posters

Go down

August 2013 Empty August 2013

Post by kido-itimaki Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:13 am

Meeting of August 20th 2013
Called to order at: 4:21

Vote on name change: unanimous, effective 4:25

Constitution change: Admendment 14 change: unanimous, effective 4:35
All instances of “Guild” to “Alliance”: unanimous, effective 4:36

Announcements: 4:40
Training, Welcome Week, Warnings restarted

Scheduleing: 5:00-5:28
Tues: Matt’s 3.5 EVIL campaign, 4-9, G106
Wed: Patrick’s Pathfinder game, 3-9, G109
Thurs: Jordan’s Shadowrun game, 2-9, G109
Sat: Erebus’ 4th level 3.5 game, 12:30-6, G109

Motion to Adjourn at 6:05 by Andrew, seconded by Josh, motion passes and meeting ends at 6:05

kido-itimaki

Back to top Go down

August 2013 Empty Re: August 2013

Post by Duke Nukem Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:55 pm

For anyone that is confused by "Warnings restarted," this means that everyone who had warnings no longer have them. New academic year, with a fresh start being the mindset.
Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem

Back to top Go down

Post by dostheim Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:36 pm

kido-itimaki wrote:Meeting of August 20th 2013

Constitution changes were not announced at least two weeks prior, and as such are in and of themselves unconstitutional.

dostheim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kido-itimaki Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:19 am

dostheim wrote:
kido-itimaki wrote:Meeting of August 20th 2013

Constitution changes were not announced at least two weeks prior, and as such are in and of themselves unconstitutional.
Well, as of 4:25 there was no "Guild" to warrant said constitution. We just took the old one, and slapped on a new coat of paint. As well as some outside changes before said coat of paint was applied. :p

kido-itimaki

Back to top Go down

Post by dostheim Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:18 pm

Well, seeing as the secretary cannot take proper minutes, nor even understand what they are, and the lack of changes to the constitution being publicly available, or even made in any way, I perceive the entire Guild's attendance at the August meeting to be in violation of the constitution due to lack of 2 weeks notice for an amendment vote. However, seeing as the way my challenge was answered, only by the less than competent note taker, and the president chose to not return my call for over one month on the matter, I can tell that I am no longer welcome as a member of the Gaming organization on the OCC-AH campus. I hereby sever all ties with the OCC gaming organization of unknown and illegitimate name.

dostheim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Nukem Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:59 pm

What Patrick means by as of 4:25 we officially, as a group voted, and then disbanded (Which from what I read, there is nothing within the constitution that prevents us from disbanding, it's not changing the constitution nor electing anyone, in fact the constitution doesn't address disbanding). So there was no Gamer's Guild anymore. At which point we started making votes/changes to the constitution that was proposed/copied over for the new organization: The Gamer's Alliance, which as their Alumni Adviser/Consultant, have helped them put together the constitution, put together their new fliers/schedule, new insignia, and have ensured that the future of the group is no longer in jeopardy due to an unfriendly name (which we asked outside folk which name would be more preferable, which the new name was found to be more friendly and less exclusive in hopes to welcome more people in than shun them away from the "clique" that everyone was seeing from the outside) and overall unfriendly atmosphere.

All votes that happened after 4:25 were done as the new organization, which did not have a constitution at the time, which we were then voting on, looking at and taking out things that were not needed and then implementing them for our new organization. The article that was taken out of the proposed constitution for the new organization was the article that dealt with "Flaming" as it was a vague and unnecessary article, which also added to the unfriendly attitude of the organization. All of these changes that were made, were not needed to have prior notification, as like I mentioned, no notification was needed for a organization disbanding, and secondly were not made under the guise of the previous organization as like Patrick had stated, there wasn't a guild anymore.
Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem

Back to top Go down

Post by dostheim Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:20 pm

As such all property belonging to the Gamer's Guild became forfeit, including their account, to Oakland Community College. I will happily ask Jess about myself to verify.

dostheim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Nukem Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:21 am

Just received word from Jordan confirming that he did speak to Jess the week we took care of everything and got the names of everything transferred over to the new Organization, The Gamer's Alliance.

Last edited by Duke Nukem on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Nukem Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:29 am

Just received confirmation from Jess as well, the Locker + Contents and the Account were indeed fully transferred over to The Gamer's Alliance.
Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down